Monday, September 3, 2007

Life.


This picture was taken when we went to Kate's school for orientation : )




Tomorrow is going to be tough for me. Katelyn starts preschool.

I am thrilled for her. She is going to love every minute of it. But I'm also sad to see her growing up. I keep thinking of her as a newborn. I was 21 - but now that I look back me and Brian seemed SO young then. We really didn't have a clue. I have to say we did a pretty good job...or well, I did. She has grown into an independent and intelligent four year old. I'm just not ready for her to be so independent. I know she'll be one of the kids at preschool that yells, "See ya later mom!" and off she'll go. I'll secretly be wishing she were one of the kids that clings to their mother's leg and doesn't want her to leave. ; )

I know she'll do great. She's one smart cookie. It's just bittersweet to watch your kids grow up. I'm excited for tomorrow because I can't wait to see how much she loves it. But I'm also dreading it because I know I'll be in tears!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so excited! It's ok to cry though... =) I know I will one day!

As for the hair... I'm terrified I'll have a fro... but I'm doing it anyway =) Well... I am if my friend ever calls me back!

Davney said...

aww! she looks so excited :) she's going to have SO much fun!! <3

sash said...

awww, definetly a happy/sad day. she looks so grown up =)

Unknown said...

Hey! You figured out how to put links on the side! go you! =D ... it took me FOREVER.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm new to blogspot and found you off of another blog I randomly found. Good luck with your daughter going to school - I know I'll be very sad the day my son is old enough to go!! Feel free to check out my blog sometime if you want - I'm just getting started, but hopefully there will be more up soon! Have a great day!