Tuesday, September 4, 2007

She's Not A Baby Anymore...


Today was so emotional for me. Katelyn was so excited on the way to school.
Once we got there she was a little shy.




She clung to my leg for a few minutes but once Gwen got there she was ok. Gwen's mom is Ashley - a friend of mine that I went to preschool with!!! It's so awesome that our girls are now in the same class just like we were. I love it! Anyway - once Gwen got there she was off and running and yelled, "See ya mom! Love ya!!"

Kate is on the right..Gwen is in the blue on the left.




I held in the tears until I got to my car. Then I was a bawling mess!! It was a mixture of emotions. I was so excited for Katelyn because I know this will be wonderful for her. But I was also overwhelmed with feelings of sadness because my baby is growing up. Me and Kate have been through a lot together in the last 4 years and I am so damn proud of her...I just can't explain it.

When I picked her up she was SO excited to see me and tell me all about it. Again, it brought tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Davney said...

awww!! i'm so glad she had a good first day!! <3

Mel said...

Awww..they grow so fast huh?
Noah starts j/k next tuesday! Nick started grade 2 today..I feel so ooooooold :P
Kate is adorable..pretty like her mommy