Thursday, October 18, 2007

DeadBeat Dads, Eczema, & Beer on the Beach.

I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head that I want to talk about...but I'm just not ready and not feeling up to it. I leave for Tampa tomorrow morning and I have SO much left to do before I leave. I can hardly concentrate today. Luckily after I'm done with this I get to go visit clients and I won't be sitting behind a desk left to think. ; )

Katelyn had school today and amazingly Brian arrived on time when school let out to pick her up. Points for that. Nevermind, he's so negative in points, a few wouldn't help him anyway. LOL. She'll be spending the weekend with him and his new girlfriend. Not sure if I mentioned her and her fake pregnancy and all the bullshit that goes along with that. I'll explain later. Anyway - her name is Chrissie and I've known her for years. She is NOT someone I really want around my daughter. She has a 5 year old that she's never with. Her daughter is basically being raised by her mom. It's retarded. Anyway - yesterday on the way home, Katelyn was talking to her dad on the phone and I hear her say, "When are we moving in with Chrissie, daddy?" I'm all WTF?! They've been dating 2 weeks. My daughter already KNOWS they are moving in together. Does he have a brain? Nope.

Anyway - I didn't say shit to him until after Kate went to bed. I called him back to make sure he could pick her up from school and he's all, "Yeah did you hear I'm moving in with Chrissie." I let him have it. Normally I don't say a word. It doesn't do any good. He's a fucking moron and you can't make him give a shit about Katelyn's wellbeing. But I had it. I told him how worthless he is. i told him it's bullshit that he can afford to live in a $1500 a month apartment but he can't pay his fucking child support for a whole god damn year. I made him feel about this big. He gave me some dumb excuse and I told him to go fuck himself and promptly hung up. Immature? Sure. Do I care? Nope. he deserved every bit of the ass chewing he got and he knows it. Excuse my trailer trash mouth today.

Anyway - so Katelyn also told me yesterday that she wants to live with her daddy and Chrissie. Well..I'll admit it was gut wrenching to hear. But - I realize that she's 4 and she's probably changed her mind by today. I tried so hard to fight the tears when she said that because I didn't want her to see me upset but no matter how hard I tried...they just keep rolling down my cheeks. She didn't notice because she was busy singing Honky Tonk Badonkadonk in the backseat ;) But it really did get to me. Robert reminded me that daddy doesn't pay child support so he can take her and do "fun" things that I can't afford. Daddy has all the time in the world to spend with her because he only has her on weekends. Daddy has no rules and no bedtimes. Daddy doesn't care if she eats junk food all weekend. Of course that is the more attractive option. I know all this, but it still cut me like a butcher knife.

I try not to let it get to me. It's just so frustrating. For the last 4 years, 2 months, and 8 days...it's been ME. I've been caring for her. I've been providing for her. I've been there every day to tell her I love her. Not him. But somehow the deadbeat dad always comes out the hero. Gah. Whatever.

Moving on.

Cole's eczema is god awful right now. He has scabs all over...head to toe from scratching. NOTHING provides relief. Believe me, we've tried EVERYthing. We don't use detergent with perfumes or dyes. We use gentle soap or NO soap on him. You name it, we've tried it. I'm starting to think he might have a milk allergy after talking to an allergist yesterday. As of today we're giving him rice milk for 2 weeks to see if it has any effect on it. The kid is miserable. You wouldn't believe just how bad it is unless you see it in person. Chantele has seen it...it's awful. We'll see how the rice milk goes. He loves the taste of it :)

Well...I have a ton to do and people to see. LOL. The boys will be with Rosann this weekend and I'll be in Tampa!! Drinking beer on the beach! WOOT! I'll update on Monday. Have a lovely weekend and be VERY jealous!! LOL

3 comments:

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

Both of my sisters are single mom's in Kansas City, Mo. They have told me that if Dad does not pay child support he automatically loses visitation rights and there were some battles where Dad would come to pick them up and it was "Nope, not until your support payments are caught up" and the judge was 100% behind the Mom's.

No pay no play!

If Daddy is not paying you can put a stop to Katelyn's going to Chrissie's on the weekends real fast!

I got nothing for the eczema though.

Summer said...

Ugh. My sister-in-law's ex hasn't paid child support, sent a birthday card, or even called on Christmas and he's still the hero in the kid's eyes. I wish there was a magic wand to make kids understand that fun doesn't always mean healthy.

I've got a recipe on my blog to make rice milk at home. We think my oldest has a milk allergy, though we won't know for a couple more weeks.

Travis Erwin said...

Beer on the beach. I'm envious.