Monday, October 15, 2007

More on the weekend...

I wanted to elaborate on my weekend but I didn’t have much time this morning. We’re renovating our office space so I’ve been trying to pack up my desk so that my new desk can come in to my space and be assembled.

Sooo…Friday night we didn’t do much. The kids stayed up a little later than normal and colored at the kitchen table while I did some laundry and cleaning. After they went to be Luke and I watched Wild Hogs. We didn’t argue at all but we didn’t really talk either. It’s so awkward now. We’re like strangers….I never saw us being where we are now.

He had to work on Saturday so it was just me and the kids. Katelyn couldn’t pee and she was screaming because her bladder was so full and she couldn’t relax enough to pee. I bathed the kids and fed them breakfast and we headed up to St. John’s in Washington. They asked Katelyn if she could try to pee in a cup but she said she didn’t think she could. Poor baby. Her belly was hard as a rock and her bladder was so full you could literally SEE it. They decided to do a catheter. I held her hands and talked to her while they did it. She cried a little at first but once they started to empty her bladder you could tell that she didn’t mind. I think just getting all that out and not having that pressure on her bladder made her feel tons better. I’ve never seen that much pee come out of such a tiny person. They said her bladder was as full as it could get. Before they even sent the urine sample off to the lab the doctor told me he could tell she had a urinary tract infection. Her pee looked like ice tea. It was nasty. They gave her Septra (again!) because it always seems to help when she gets a UTI. After that she was feeling much better and she had some color back in her face. The doctor was sending us on our way and he was giving me instructions on what not to do. He told me to keep her hydrated and NO soda. Katelyn put her hands on her hips and said, “We don’t drink soda. We are healthy.” I was cracking up! The doctor thought it was hilarious and he was laughing too. She’s such a character. J I asked her if she wanted to go home and she said, “NO I want to go shopping!”

Sooo..we went over to the resale shop and got Cole’s Halloween costume J He’s gonna be a frog!! SO CUTE! Afterwards we got some lunch and headed home. We baked cookies in the shape of pumpkins and decorated them with funny pumpkin faces. When Luke got home we all headed to dinner and then we went to Walmart. We picked up costumes for Kate and Allen. Kate got a really cute witch costume and Allen is going to be Spiderman. Luke was feeling generous and he bought me this area rug that I’ve been eyeing for the living room and a few decorations fot the house. We went home and gave the kids a bath and I read them a few chapters out of their Children’s Devotional Bible. After they went to bed Luke and I watched Vacancy and passed out. Again, no fighting. But that’s only because we hardly spoke to eachother.

On Sunday he got up with the kids, thank GOD! I needed that extra hour of sleep. After I got up, we got the kids bathed and dressed and headed to Pin Oak Farms. It was SO much fun. When we got there we went on a hayride back to the pumpkin patch and picked out a big pumpkin to carve. The kids each picked out a small pumpkin of their own. After that they got to feed goats and see some cows, chickens, and horses. They also had these Big plastic swimming pools filled with corn instead of sand. It was a really cool idea! They had slides that went into them and the kids had SO much fun. I got some great pictures I’ll post later this week. They also had a bounce house and all 3 of our kids went in that and bounced every bit of energy they had out of them. We got some squash and a few fall decorations for the house and decided we were hungry so we left. We went and ate at some little malt shop in Washington. It was pretty good. Then we went down to the riverfront for a little bit until the kids got really crabby and we headed home.

Once we got home Luke worked on his truck and Katelyn & Allen played outside with their tractors. Cole took a nap and I cleaned the house and finished up the laundry. We didn’t do much else, just the usual. Dinner, baths, etc. The kids begged me to read out of their bible so we did that for awhile before bedtime. Then Luke and I watched Fracture and went to bed. I was almost asleep when he insisted on talking about “us”. He was crying and begging me to forgive him. I just told him to go to sleep because I don’t have the energy to talk about any of it. He left me alone and I know he stayed up most of the night…this morning his eyes were puffy from crying and he looked tired. Oh well…it won’t kill him. I’ve spent plenty of nights like that. It’s his turn for once.

1 comment:

The Brooklyn Bungalow said...

I remember when my sister had to get a catheter. She had a UTI & her period at the same time so peeing in a cup wasn't an option because it was impossible to keep her period blood out of it or something.

TMI, I know.

Regardless, it was traumatizing for me just to watch it!

And I have a UTI so I TOTALLY feel for her. OUCH!